Many are called; few are chosen. In this case, a great many teams – 42 in all – submitted applications for the inaugural Asia Student Supercomputer Challenge, or ASC13, set for April 14-19 in Shanghai.
Today the field was narrowed down to the ten that will compete for honor, glory, and even some prize money. In addition, the two teams who emerge on top in Shanghai win automatic berths in the ISC’13 Student Cluster Competition this June in Leipzig.
You’ve read about the workloads, the format, and the rules. (What? You haven’t? Go read it here.) Now let’s see the competition roster:
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
- Huazhong University of Science & Technology, China (HUST)
- King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia (KAU)
- National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan (NTHU)
- National University of Defense Technology, China (NUDT)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (SJTU)
- Saint Petersburg State University, Russia (SPbU)
- Sun Yat-sen University, China (SYSU)
- Tsinghua University, China (TH)
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea (UNIST)
We’ll be following the action right here, of course. Best of luck to all the competitors!